Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance makes a major contribution to preparing young people for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and to help them make a successful transition to adulthood. We are extremely proud to have received the Quality in Careers Service Mark in July 2019 which proves how much progress we have made towards meeting the GATSBY benchmark.
The school meets the new GATSBY benchmarks by:
- Preparing all students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
- Supporting young people to achieve their full potential
- Empowering young people to plan and manage their own futures
- Providing comprehensive information on all options
- Raising aspirations
- Promoting equality, diversity, social mobility and challenge stereotypes
- Enabling young people to sustain employability and achieve personal and economic wellbeing throughout their lives
Careers Education Delivery
Careers education is provided in a variety of ways, appropriate for the ages and aspirations of all our students.
- General information about careers is provided in the assembly programme and via the PHSE programme. Students will learn about employability skills and local job market information from Year 7.
- Older students will access additional assemblies on Options, Apprenticeships and Post 16 transition.
- Sixth Form students will access further information about apprenticeships and higher education.
- Careers fairs and networking events.
- Work experience in Year 10 and Year 12, and as part of vocational courses in the Sixth Form.
- Information about careers in STEM is high profile.
- All students from Year 10 to have at least one careers interview with our impartial careers adviser. Please let us know if you would like to attend with your son/daughter.
- Additional events for selected groups of students based on interests and aspirations.
Our independent, impartial careers guidance is provided by Southend Connexions. Our school advisor is Mrs Jones who can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you or your organisation would like to partner with the school to provide careers talks, attend our annual careers fair offer work placements to our students please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In the download section below is a presentation from Career Ready regarding progression routes at 16 and 18 with specific information on apprenticeships.