Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance makes a major contribution to preparing young people for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and to help them make a successful transition to adulthood.
The school aims to meet all of the new GATSBY benchmarks in order to:
- Prepare all students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life
- Support young people to achieve their full potential
- Empower young people to plan and manage their own futures
- Provide comprehensive information on all options
- Raise aspirations
- Promote equality, diversity, social mobility and challenge stereotypes
- Enable young people to sustain employability and achieve personal and economic wellbeing throughout their lives
Careers Education Delivery
Careers education is provided in a variety of ways, appropriate for the ages and aspirations of all our students.
- General information about careers is provided in the assembly programme and via the PHSE programme. Students will learn about employability skills and local job market information from Year 7.
- Older students will access additional assemblies on Options, Apprenticeships and Post 16 transition.
- Sixth Form students will access further information about apprenticeships and higher education.
- Careers fairs and networking events.
- Work experience in Year 10 and Year 12, and as part of vocational courses in the Sixth Form.
- Information about careers in STEM is high profile.
- All students from Year 10 to have at least one careers interview with our impartial careers adviser. Please let us know if you would like to attend with your son/daughter.
- Additional events for selected groups of students based on interests and aspirations.
If you or your organisation would like to partner with the school to provide careers talks, attend our annual careers fair offer work placements to our students please contact email@example.com